My straight up fiction writing has been lagging lately so I've decided to do NaNoWriMo again this year. I have no idea how considering how my schedule is a lot more packed than it was in '05 and '06 (I took last year off), but my brain needs a jump start.
This year I want to do something unrelated to my previous books which have all been New York male-chick lit/horror/Biblical revisionism (once described as "Nick Hornby meets Edgar Allan Poe"). But I'm having a hard time deciding what. So let's vote in the comments.
Here are some options. I am fully open to taking suggestions (since nothing has sparked any particular fire in me). I don't have to decide until Oct 31st. Sometime in late October I'll post my top few choices and let my readers (all five of you) pick.
• A 15 year old girl who's mom drags her to boy bands because mom wants to hook up with them. (This is just a fragment on an idea.)
• My take on a zombie apocalypse. (I have no idea what I'd do. I only have on scene in my head that is actually conceived for film.)
• Something sci-fi. (I have no idea what this would be but it would probably involve war.)
• A dark family comedy/drama (ala Geek Love or whatever).
• An Alice In Wonderland/Phantom Tollbooth child sucked into alternate world fantasy thing. (This would be easiest.
• A time travel story. (I'd love to do this but to do it well would probably take more careful plotting than writing 50,000 word in 30 days would allow.)
• Erotica. (Want to see me go crazy? Watch what happens when I try to write 1,700 some words of porn a day.)
• A romantic comedy. (I'll need more to go on than just that.)
Oh, and this is old but I finally looked at it.
Russia's The Dead Hand
8 years ago