Sunday, September 21

Because all their friends are doing it!

From the ad copy:
Not soon enough. Laboratory tests over the last few years have proven that babies who start drinking soda during that early formative period have a much higher chance of gaining acceptance and "fitting in" during those awkward pre-teen and teen years. So, do yourself a favor. Do your child a favor. Start them on a strict regiment of sodas and other sugary carbonated beverages right now, for a lifetime of guaranteed happiness.
1) "Laboratory tests..."? Did they hold babies in lab cages and feed them Coke? I hope so because it keeps babies off the streets.
2) "...over the last few years..."? How quick did these babies grow? In just a few years they went from babies to teenagers? No wonder they had a hard time fitting in. Oh, sorry. "Fitting in," in quotes.
3) "...a strict regiment..."? Yes! Force feed babies.
4) "...a lifetime of guaranteed happiness"? Because everyone is happy with diabetes!
I liked it better when ads were up front. And I like hyper fat babies.

UPDATE: The more I thought about it, the less I believed this ad was real (no matter how much I wish it was). I haven't been able to track downs its orgins and would be grateful to anyone who knows. Fake or not, still hilarious

(via John Robert Wilson)