Somethings I feel like I need to get off my chest:
- I like vacuuming but I don’t like lugging the vacuum cleaner around. I also have a vacuum cleaner that is worth more than my computer.
- I have an unhealthy relationship with cheese and Coke w/ Lime and Hot Pockets.
- If someone got me reservations at Mesa or Per Se tomorrow night, I wouldn't blink about spending $500.
- I want to eat the offal meal at The French Laundry.
- I can and do use the word “mythos” in reference the superhero genre. With a straight face.
- I like television and I love my Tivo.
- I try to limit what shows I watch regularly but the list gets large quickly. Currently? Lost, Gilmore Girls, Project Runway, Battlestar Galactica, Rollergirls, The Office, 24, The Boondocks and Survivor. I will add The Amazing Race and The Venture Brothers when they start up again.
- I still believe that, in general, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was the best show that has ever been on television.
- I watch the Food Channel more than I cook.
- I applied to be on Survivor and got an interview. My audition tape was quite good, as was my interview. But there are only so many over 30 skinny white boy slots.
- I almost applied for the next cycle of Survivor. But the application was due on Feb. 3rd and I was going to film my tape at the Idiotarod and things got to hectic to thing about lugging around a camera.
- I cheated in a relationship once. And the sex was horrible. It was a drunkin' thing. Afterwards (right after the deed), I casually, because I could think of nothing else to say, mentioned that I had had never used a ribbed condom before. She thought I said "ripped condom" and panicked a bit until I cleared it up.
- I have a desire to do a podcast. Radio drama thing. I wrote a mini-script last night. But my computer is chugging a bit these days. But I may upgrade in March and get the new iLife and see what happens.
- The morning after I cheated, I had to go to a set strike with both women. Later that night (after ending it with both of them), I got drunk with ANOTHER gal that I dated the next semester.
- I chew paper.
- I don't go a day without coming up with an idea for a story. Not a day. Today's story was about a sock that goes to group therapy.
- My rewriting the novel is a huge pain. Not because it's boring and hard (which is true) but because I get distracted. Every time I cut out some element, I feel the need to think about how I can rework it into a new story.
- I really miss playing cards at 2 in the morning at the Hard Times Cafe in Minneapolis.
- More to come.
Russia's The Dead Hand
7 years ago