Friday, August 1

Ouch

Yesterday's move was both better and worse than I expected.

Better because, well, I can be a jerk. Not about a lot of things but moving large objects is one of those things. I spent a fair amount of time moving big things in a previous job and there is a good way to do it and a bad way to do it. It definitely takes cooperation and communication. I don't know, I guess I have flashbacks of hanging from a girder 40 feet above a stage floor, negotiating 25 feet steel beams into tiny spaces. When I'm moving with people without experience, I can get testy. I have had relationships come close to an end because of a narrow doorway and a large couch. But maybe because Little and I have spent the last 2 years developing group mind, there was no problem.

Also helps that he isn't an idiot. And they had good pizza. And popsicles!

It was worse because I am not the shape I used to be in. Today I feel like Beezy, Little and I got into an argument with an angry drunk sofa in a tiny dive bar. I am bruised and sore. I can't believe I used to do this five days a week for 8 hours (or more) a day. With climbing. Part of me misses this feeling. That part of me is an idiot.

(Blogger really wants me to capitalize "popsicles." I had no idea it was one of those registered trademarked copyrighted names like Band-Aids or Xerox.)