Wednesday, July 30

Hey, Look

I fixed the damn banner. Got it to fit and cut off my lips. You don't really need to see my lips. That just seems excessive.

I also changed the subtitle (again). Originally it had been "Can I get a sherpa for all of my baggage?" I liked it when I had baggage I was carrying around (and the word "sherpa" is funny), but most of my baggage as been sorted through, boxed up and stuck into storage so that I can can lay in on my kids if I ever have them. Then it was "An infinite pile of crap is still just crap" which originally sounded like a wry commentary of the internet and mass media. But then I realized that it sounded exactly like the standard crap commentary on the internet and mass media. I usually write or post things that make me happy and make the world interesting. Which led to the sappy "Beauty is in the pauses." I still agree with that, but combined with my cutesy picture made me just want to post pictures of kittens. And while I get joy from pictures of kittens, it was all just a bit too dear.

So I settled on "or: How I Procrastinate" which is just accurate.

If you wish to see why it is called Twang of the Void, read the first ever post. You can also tell I had baggage back then.

(I thought about "A fat kid, an albino, an Unitarian and a manta ray walk into a bar..." but couldn't get it to fit on the banner.)