Wednesday, July 30

WALL•E, 2nd Viewing

I don't have all that much to say about it. Was it as good the second time? Yes.

Actually might have been a bit better, but it had little to do with the actual movie.

The theater was mostly empty except for the family of five sitting in my row. An overweight family. Well, let's just call them fat. Midway through the movie, when we first see what has become of the Axiom's passengers, I turned to look at them. Three of the five were sucking on their jumbo sodas in a perfect mirror of the action on the screen. (One of the remaining had her hand in a bucket of popcorn. Dad had fallen asleep.) Movie magic.

(Yes, that is two posts in a row where I have made disparaging comments about overweight people. Next week is my "Why I hate albinos" series, followed by the four part "Unitarians Are Crazy.")