Saturday, October 21

48 Hour Film Challenge - Why does it have to be so complicated?

We did the pre-drinking scene (why am a so fixated on that?). Went well, but was difficult because it was in the vestibule entrance, me inside and Peter (the Preacher) outside. So we had to get dual coverage: one shot from behind me, focused on him, and another from behind him, focused on me. Bunch of takes on both. I also kept forgetting which way to turn the latch on my own front door - clockwise to open, counter-clockwise to lock.

Somewhere along the way I managed to actually splash a little wine on the cuff of my robe. I don't think you'll be able to notice it. I dabbed it with some bleach. (Isn't film thrilling?)

Now they are getting another complicated shot on the stairs. My noisy, noisy stairs. I'm not watching but it sounds like they've fixed their light issues and getting the scene down.

Next will probably be the roof shots, which will be messy and special effects filled.