Sunday, November 5

So who are all those blog links?

Last month, after switching over to Blogger Beta (which I love for the most part), I re-did all of my links. Not by choice, but because they just didn't translate over when I changed templates. But Blogger makes it super easy to change them do it was all good. But in case you are interested in who they all are an why they are there (especially since some of them are so rarely updated)...

The Smirking Valet: She was in my Improv 201, has become a good friend, and is just a funny gal. Her blog is bit like the Nanny Diaries meets the Adams Family. Horrible description.

Matt Little: Mr. Little is from my 301 and a comedian. He does stand up (which I haven't seen). But he's got the funny, I know that much.

Anthony King's Lunch Truck: My 101 teacher. You can catch him at UCB with Rueben Williams and in assorted other things. A show he co-wrote Gutenberg! The Musical! is hilarious and coming to Off-Broadway at the 59E59 theater Nov 21-Dec 31. Great show. Go see it.

Joe Wengert: What Did You Change It To?: My 201 teacher. One of my favorite improvisors out there. Can be seen with Reuben Williams at UCB and around town with Krompf! Best initiations in scenes that I have ever seen.

Chris Gethard: Morrissey and Fist Fighting, Mostly: My 301 teacher. Not to take anything away from any of my other teachers, Gethard is a frackin' incredible teacher. I love to think about comedy and he lets me do that while not letting me get so into my head that I suck. His blog is mostly and Brazilian Jujitsu.

It's Pat Baer!: Mr Baer is the technical director at UCB. I don't know him, I just think he deserves some praise. He also has a newish podcast.

Will Hines and Paul Scheer: Don't know either... they're just improvsors I enjoy.

Improv Everywhere: Guerrilla theater/pranksters/whatever you want to call it. Just go watch some of the stuff they've done. It's pranking with no malice.

Rejected Jokes, down in the What I'm Watching section, is of course Ben Schwartz's project. He has become our regular Sunday coach... and manages to just fill us with passion for the funny.

Get Off My Lawn!!!!: From The Planet Jake, it just started. But he is one of my all time favorite people. I used to live with him and game with him and work with him and hang with him. All praise The Planet.

Jolie Laide: She is an amazing artist although wouldn't like describe herself in those word. Her Tiny posts and photos capture the small moments in NYC with such clarity and beauty. Some editor really needs to pick her up and give her a book deal... which I doubt she'd take. At least give her a gallery showing. She is also just a great person.

Neil Gaiman: An author. I love him as a writer, but I put his bog up because it is just darn interesting stuff.

The others are assorted tech blogs and such I follow closely.