Monday, November 6

Gears of War and I'm a whore

Remember a month ago when I played Gears of War for a few minutes? Well, it's coming out in a few days. I have to say that the hype machine on this one has gone a bit crazy... but considering it is releasing right at the PS3 and the Wii launches, it is no surprise. The two pronged attack of Gears and Viva PiƱata (warning: if you click through to the Viva site you will have a horrible song inserted into the deep recesses of your brain) plus a info blitz on the no-release-date-yet-announced Halo 3 and the launch of the 360 HD-DVD drive all seem to be Microsoft's defensive strategy. We'll see how it works.

Although, since the PS3 is only launching with 400,00 copies in North America, I don't see how the PS3 won't sell out. So it is a question of whether folks denied the PS3 (or possibly the Wii) will pick up a 360 out of frustration. Seems less like an issue in the first three weeks than an issue for around Thanksgiving.

Anywho, I'm a video game whore. Just sayin'.

Here is a pretty standard video game trailer. Very Lord of the Rings-ish.
I much prefer this one. Thank you for not setting it to heavy metal. I hope game PR people/makers are beginning to release that not all gamers are 13 year old boys.
It has actually been awhile since I was excited about a video game to be honest. And I have plenty of questions about Gears' gameplay. But I most not let it distract me from the damn book.