Saturday, November 18

KHAAAN!

I am spent from writing all evening. It's going a bit better.

I wrote some fun scenes tonight. Conversation with all of the babies left in limbo after the Church got rid of Limbo. The torture of a lawyer (no, worries, Papa Six... I promised a friend I would torture her ex... and he happens to be a lawyer). A glimpse of Heaven. Last night I wrote a sex scene, which is such a pain, but at least it was funny and not horrific. A lot less drinking in this book. Almost none.

I hope to get to Mexico tomorrow or Sunday. It's going to be a combination of the wedding I went to in October and a school trip I took in high school. It will be similar to the Burning Man chapter in last year's book, but less trippy and more horrific. A combination or horrific and beautiful. That is kind of the contrast I am working on in this story. Extremes and extreme points of view. I have also turned 180 degrees on the whole Job thing.

Anywhozits (I should patent that word... I think of it as uniquely mine), I am going to crawl into bed with a pint of rocky road and watch Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. I have never been a big Star Trek fan, especially Original Crispy, but lately I've been jonesing to see Wrath of Khan. I don't know why. It may be a reptilian brain thing.