Sunday, October 22

Weekend Update

Just some wrap-up thoughts before I head to sleep.

The film challenge was a great experience. It has been a long time since I have acted, and I forgot how much I enjoy it. Since this was the first film anything I have realy done, I found it interesting how much I enjoyed it. Taking apart a performance done to tiny pieces actually appeals to me. I also got to meet some cool folks. It was just a very nice crew.

It has also made me hyped for NaNoWriMo. I am itching to write. I was planning on not going in with any idea, but while reading an article in the Village Voice recently I was suddenly inspired. I knew where it was going to start, I knew a bit about my main character and his immediate goals were. I have a working title (Job Wanted) and I have a decent grip on the tone (dark comedy) and themes (morality, faith, empathy). It is just a jumping off point. I'm not sure where it is going to go from there. It will be fun to find out.

SNL
was of course a hoot. It is hard to be doing comedy and watch SNL and think "Mmmm, that could be me."

Practice today was rough for me. We all started a bit off (okay, very off) and Ben had to work his ass off to get us not in our heads. But even then I was just struggling. I was feeling blocked. I am trying to 'write' less while improv-ing. Sometimes I did okay, but I would often slip right back into it. I was terrible at "Yes...Anding" today. Sigh. I still had fun. I had some moments I was proud of. But it was still a struggle. Maybe it was just the tiredness level. I don't know. Now improv for me until next week.