Saturday, June 28

Blog Rolling

Apparently, Summer is the time to blog. I started up again and so have a lot of folks I know. I thought perhaps this would be a good time to go through my long list of blogs I have listed here (see to the right) and why I read them.

A Revolution of Words
Wolfhaus is a good friend, a fellow Thank You Robot and general a cool dude. Exceedingly smart and funny and shares my tastes in most things.

Adam Bozarth
A talented improviser whose head is filled with a thousand ideas.

Anna's Blog
Anna's sense of humor is sharp like a straight razor. I am also partly responsible for introducing her to pen and paper roleplaying. So I owe her.

Bluvband
One of the most talent young improvisers I know.

Boing Boing
Okay, everyone knows Boing Boing. Probably my personal zeitgeist.

Dan In Seattle
Right know I am enjoying reading about his take on improv in the Northwest. (I was also in a class with him once.)

Diamond-Soled Shoes
Ruby Sneakers and I run very much in the same circles. I count her and Ben Whitehouse as the heart and souls of a certain slice of the NYC improv scene... and heart them both for it. Great friend.

Digsy Has A Blog
He does have a blog. I never followed Marvel comics but he is slowly educating me.

Eliza Skinner
A very talent comedian/writer/director/what have you. Also the teacher who allowed me to feel comfortable during musical improv. For that I'm eternally grateful.

Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
Great source for DIY madness.

Faithless Hearts, Faithless Money
Rench introduced me to the Idiotarod and to country hip-hop. His projects (music and otherwise) are always exciting.

Feed Me A Kitten
Ethan is another improviser (or sorts). He has a talent for finding quirky things.

GamePolitics News
Because video games have a cultural impact.

Gizmodo
I like tech.

I'm Learning to Share
I recently found this. There are always great finds here.

Improker
Ben Whitehouse's coverage of improv in NYC. Ben and I are also working on an exciting project together that will either blow your mind or get us sued...or both.

Jill Morris
Funny lady with funny writings.

John Robert Wilson
Another Thank You Robot. JR's brain baffles and awes me. He as an amazing sense of the bizarre. I dare you to dive in.

Kotaku
A video game site that doesn't take t self to seriously but is also not just fluff.

Morrisey and Fist Fighting, Mostly
Chris Gethard is a teacher that did much to make me the improviser I am now and a great storyteller. I can't recommend his Hump Day Stories enough. Seriously, go back and read them all.

My Dick's On Fire
Mike Still is one of my favorite performers right now. He is just some one who steps on stage and makes me laugh.

Neil Gaiman's Journal
It's Neil Gaimen. What else do you want?

Planet Gordon
On my musical improv team (Veal) and great guy. Wrote a book.

Stuck In Customs
Fantastic photographs.

The Perry Bible Fellowship
I don't even know if he is still making strips but you should go browse it anyway.

Urban Prankster
Covers the world wide practice of making the world a more interesting place.

Will Hines
Another improviser/writer/everything. What his stuff. You'll laugh.

Wonkette
Because I'm a horrible gossip and love politics.


So check them out. There is also some fun stuff under What I'm Hearing. Enjoy.