Monday, April 13

Sarah Connor Chronicles

I am a big fan of the first two Terminator movies and like to pretend the third never happened.  It's a great mythology: time travel, killer robots, destiny, obsession, end of the world.  Great stuff.  I really haven't paid much attention to the Sarah Connor Chronicles.  The early episodes I saw were slow and repetitive.

I have caught some episodes recently.  Usually the tail end of episodes while waiting for Dollhouse to come on.  And, I have to say, they are starting to hit some good points.  I don't really get what's going on in the plot and am going to have to spend sometime watching the entire two seasons before I make any big judgement here.  (Sadly, parts of it are just making me have flashbacks to the flawed main plotline of Buffy season 4.)

But last Friday's episode had one scene which I thought nailed it.  John and Sarah Connor's messed up relationships with their protective Terminators has always been a key factor.  Now that John is 16 and his protector is "female," this is exactly the sort of scene I wanted to see.


A more complete and HD version here.