Wednesday, July 2

Apology By Default

Can we just assume that we are sorry? The subway and platforms are packed with people. Everyone is pushing up against everyone. If we each said "I'm sorry" every time we had some incidental physical contact, the air would be a cacophonous chorus of apologies. So don't give me that look. Besides, you have your legs stick out into the car and are lugging around a bag the size of a medium sized refrigerator. And are fat. Yeah, yeah. I shouldn't be all high and mighty about the fact that I occupy the volume of a bendy-straw. But when I sit I only use 7/8th of a seat... and even then I make an effort to collapse into as small a space as possible. I'm not saying it's your fault you have to use two turnstiles to even get into the subway, but at least try to share. And if not that, don't get upset when I am dragged into your gravitation pull and my shoe brushes up against your shoe.