Okay, could be fun. Is there anything more?
The key game features include:
- ownership of real-estate and cars
- possibility to run shops, warehouses, banks, productions
- fight over territories and clan wars
- combat system unique for MMO
- developed social system. Possibility to solve conflicts without a single shot
- or possibility to choose law-obeying, criminal or financial professions and changing of those throughout the game.
Nothing here sounds too cutting edge, but I'm all for MMO's that don't involve elves or spaceships. Nothing wrong with elves or spaceships, but it's god to see something new.
Of course, this doesn't sound all that new. It sounds a lot like their was a deveopers meeting where someone asked what games were hot and someone else said, "World of Warcraft" and "Grand Theft Auto." Heck, they just took the Craft part and slapped the word "Crime" at the start. Way to break new ground there.
My question is will this create "PimpFarming." And if that will be considered a crime in a game about crime.