Friday, September 29

A bit harder...

Well, not surprising, class was harder. Which is good. It should be challenging.

The teacher pegged me on a bad habit of mine. A bad habit I, in my subconscious, treated as a plus. I start initiations with questions. Leading questions, sure, but still questions. Somehow I though I was gifting my partner by giving them something specific to respond to. But in truth I was kind of trapping them into an answer. I was also setting myself up to the possibility of being denied or blocked. Good to learn.

I found the evocation opening to be difficult to get into the vibe of. I release it takes practice practice practice. But it is my favorite opening to watch and I have studied it when groups like Mailer Daemon do it. So in my head I was sure I would rock it. Of course I didn't on the first try. I was of course way far in my own head.

But it was good.